I am Steph. I love photography, my family, white wine and fabulous shoes, not always in that order.
I am a talker. And a hugger. A maker of weird faces (obviously….see above) And a crier. Sometimes being a part of your special moments will bring me to tears. It is OKAY…I can still see!
So, now that we have met, here are ten random facts about me…
1. I am a mother of five children: Noah, Emma, Aidan, Owen and Ava. The oldest is 12 and they are all 23 months apart after that.
2. My son, Aidan, is autistic. I am passionate about autism awareness. But it also means that whatever your sweet little ones dish out, I have experienced much, much worse. No need to apologize…I am fine waiting a few and letting them blow off some steam. If it still isn’t working, we reschedule. ‘Easy Peasy, Lemon squeezy’ as my kid says.
3. Pink is my favorite color.
4. I went to an all women’s school to be a teacher. Before that I seriously considered being a nun.
5. I am mentally writing a book and I also blog about life with five kids at http://www.higginsmcfarlandfamily.blogspot.com. My mental book has not been put to paper yet because I am not sure which direction I will go with it. It will either be a from the heart Mommy memoir or an entertaining book with recipes and party theme/decor ideas.
6. I am a fabulous cook and baker, but my cakes are always crooked. I make everything from scratch, from bread to bagels to donuts!
7. I am a runner only because I actually love to run. My weight factors in there somewhere, but mostly it is the amazing feeling when you feel your stride open up and your lungs heaving in air and you literally feel your stress melt away. Best feeling ever that more than justifies the agony of actually putting on your shoes.
8. I cannot speak without my hands waving all around. It is amusing to watch sometimes, I am sure.
9. When I was a little girl, I used to pretend that I was a photographer. I had a 110 camera…hahaha…remember those? I would pretend I was taking pictures of the Bangles (hahaha….remember them?!)
10. I have a soft spot for the underdog. I always want the ugliest Christmas tree because I feel sorry for it. Rickety furniture whispers seductively from antique stores (and often finds its way into my car). I love old toys because I love to imagine the stories they could tell. I love old books with strangers’ writing in it. And if I happen to find a stash of old note-cards or an old bank ledger? SCORE. Which probably explains why I love photography so much…I love the preservation of what once was.
So, enough about me…tell me something fabulous about YOU. And follow my blog while you’re at it! (Click on “follow” on the right side of this page)
I will be choosing one reader at random to give away a $25 starbucks gift card. Winner must “like” me on facebook, follow my blog AND leave a comment below. So go ahead…tell me something about yourself! Make it juicy!
Categories: About me