It is 2013… canyoubelieveit??
I am an anti-resolution-er. I think that making lists of faults and trying to be “better” in a new year is counter-productive. SO, I make goals instead. My goals for 2013 are beginning with a brand new website and new business plan. My main website will now be located at www.stephaniemcfarlandphotography.com and this page will be used only for sharing my sessions and deepest, darkest secrets. Or thoughts or whatever…hahaha. It is still a work in progress but it is only January third…so there 🙂
Along with that, here are the biggest goals/policy changes and reminders for SMP for the coming year:
1. I will stick to regular business hours. I am going to type this again, capital, bold faced, for myself because it is a real challenge for me. I love my job. I love my clients. But I love my family more and they need to remember what my face looks like without a computer monitor blocking it. I WILL STICK TO BUSINESS HOURS. They are M-F, 10-4:00.
2. In 2012 I began transitioning my business to be a newborn centered studio. 2013 will bring in the year of the babies! I will still accept maternity, families, couples, seniors but I will focus most of my attention on my littlest clients and their families.
3. ALL viewings and orders will be conducted in person, here at the studio, no exceptions. I know that we are all very busy, and promise to keep your viewing/ordering sessions short and sweet but I feel it is an important part of your experience to see your images on a calibrated monitor, with my assistance in ordering what you need and want the most.
4. Wednesday and Fridays will be dedicated to consultations and ordering. Sessions will take place on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Mondays I will take care of studio stuff…like taxes, prop sanitizing, etc.
5. …back to goals… I wish to photograph 50 newborns in 2013
6. I wish to see all 50 back for 6 month sessions and one year sessions and family sessions!
7. I plan to streamline my collection of backdrops and sets to include a handful of permanent sets for consistency in all of my work. I plan to invest in only the very best fabrics and accessories for my tiny clients.
8. I plan to increase my studio’s revenue by 50% in 2013.
9. I will be much better organized in my book keeping so my husband does not cry at tax time 🙂
10. I plan to debut my studio’s magazine (already printed and super duper cute) and a fabulous rewards program for my amazing families that continue to refer me time and time again! Thank you guys 🙂
What are your goals for 2013?